- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons maple flavoring
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk together flour and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, mix brown sugar, melted butter and maple flavoring. Beat in eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in flour mixture and walnuts. Spread into a greased 9-in. square baking pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 27-32 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. If desired, dust with confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars. Yield: 16 brownies.
Reviews forMaple Butterscotch Brownies
"Delicious and not overly sweet"
"These are scrumptious! I didn't/wouldn't change a thing. Moist, delicious, simple and quick. Just perfect."
"I will probably make this again, but as a cake instead of brownies. It would be really good with caramel frosting, but it is way too cakey for my taste by itself."
"I entered these in our local county fair and took home third place. I was excited, this was the first time I had ever enter the food section. I was the only guy who entered but there were several entries in this category. I think if the judges had tasted them I might have taken home first. I will be making these again!"
"I would also like to know if I could use real maple syrup..."
"Question! Could I substitute real maple syrup? If so, how much?"
"I saw this receipe yesterday and made it last night. I loved it. My husband thought it could use more maple flavoring, so the next time I make it, and I will make it again, I will add a little more maple flavoring."