- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place cut side down in a microwave-safe dish; add 1/2 in. of hot water. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 12-14 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the syrup, raisins, butter, cardamom and allspice; set aside. When squash is cool enough to handle, remove rind and cut into 1-in. pieces. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with syrup mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until squash is tender. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Maple Butternut Squash
"The cardamom is a nice change from the usual seasoning."
"this was excellent. I thought hubby was going to lick the pan for more, lol. I'm going to make it again next week. My only changes (and probably would be good either way) was I used 3 tbl butter instead of 1 and I used 1/2 cup real maple syrup and 1/2 cup regular bottled syrup. Really good!"