- bake at 325° for 2 hours.
- Brush top with 1/3 cup maple butter. Bake, uncovered, 1 to 1-1/2
- hours longer or until a thermometer reads 180°, basting
- occasionally with pan drippings. (Cover loosely with foil if turkey
- browns too quickly.) Remove turkey to a serving platter and keep
- warm. Cover and let stand for 20 minutes before carving.
- Pour drippings and loosened brown bits into a 4-cup measuring cup.
- Skim and discard fat. Add enough broth to drippings to measure 3
- cups. In a large saucepan, combine flour and broth mixture until
- smooth. Stir in remaining maple butter. Bring to a boil; cook and
- stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with turkey. Yield:
- 14-16 servings (3-1/3 cups gravy).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 579 calories, 30 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 237 mg cholesterol, 506 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 64 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer