Maple Butter Tarts Recipe
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1-1/2 cups raisins
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1-3/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- Butter pecan or vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1. Cut each pastry sheet into quarters; roll each quarter into a 6-in. circle. Transfer pastry to eight ungreased 4-in. fluted tart pans with removable bottoms. Trim pastry even with edges. Place on baking sheets. Bake at 450° for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Reduce heat to 350°.
- 2. Place raisins in a large bowl. Cover with boiling water; let stand for 5 minutes. Drain. In another bowl, beat the brown sugar, eggs, butter, syrup and flavoring; stir in raisins. Divide filling among tart shells.
- 3. Bake for 16-20 minutes or until centers are just set (mixture will jiggle). Cool on a wire rack. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 8 tarts.
1 each: 656 calories, 27g fat (14g saturated fat), 119mg cholesterol, 326mg sodium, 101g carbohydrate (71g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Maple Butter Tarts
"I will rate the taste of the filling and the idea of baking the crust first only. I make my own crust from: 1 1/2 C flour, 3/4 C butter, 1/4 C fine sugar (use blender) 1/4 t salt and about 2 TBSP water. Chill and roll out to 1/8 inch and bake as above."