These individual tarts are so scrumptious and syrupy that I often double the recipe so I have enough for guests to take home. They're a little slice of heaven alongside a cup of coffee.—Lorraine Caland, Thunder Bay, Ontario
Featured In: Maple Recipes
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1-1/2 cups raisins
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1-3/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- Butter pecan or vanilla ice cream, optional
- Cut each pastry sheet into quarters; roll each quarter into a 6-in. circle. Transfer pastry to eight ungreased 4-in. fluted tart pans with removable bottoms. Trim pastry even with edges. Place on baking sheets. Bake at 450° for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Reduce heat to 350°.
- Place raisins in a large bowl. Cover with boiling water; let stand for 5 minutes. Drain. In another bowl, beat the brown sugar, eggs, butter, syrup and flavoring; stir in raisins. Divide filling among tart shells.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes or until centers are just set (mixture will jiggle). Cool on a wire rack. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 8 tarts.
Originally published as Maple Butter Tarts in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p191
Reviews for Maple Butter Tarts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review