Maple Breakfast Rolls Recipe
Maple sugar, brown sugar and walnuts create the sweet glaze that covers these cream cheese-filled rolls. "They look like you fussed, but they're very easy to make with refrigerated buttermilk biscuits," assures Nadine Brissey of Jenks, Oklahoma.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:8-10 servings
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 tubes (6 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, nuts and syrup. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; set aside. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each biscuit into a 4-in. circle. Spread 1 tablespoon of cream cheese mixture down the center of each biscuit. bring dough from opposite sides over filling just until edges meet; pinch to seal. Place seam side down over nut mixture. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto a serving plate. Serve warm. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 332 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 268 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC