Maple sugar, brown sugar and walnuts create the sweet glaze that covers these cream cheese-filled rolls. "They look like you fussed, but they're very easy to make with refrigerated buttermilk biscuits," assures Nadine Brissey of Jenks, Oklahoma.
Recommended: Breakfast Ideas for People Who Don't Like Eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 tubes (6 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, nuts and syrup. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; set aside. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out each biscuit into a 4-in. circle. Spread 1 tablespoon of cream cheese mixture down the center of each biscuit. bring dough from opposite sides over filling just until edges meet; pinch to seal. Place seam side down over nut mixture. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto a serving plate. Serve warm. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Maple Breakfast Rolls in Quick Cooking January/February 2003, p8
Reviews for Maple Breakfast Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review