Maple Bread Pudding
Simple to put together, this
comforting dessert has a
pleasant maple flavor and
aroma. My mouth is watering
as I write.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 1 hour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 slices egg bread or brioche, cut into cubes
- Whipped cream
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, syrup and butter; stir in
- bread cubes.
- Transfer to a well-greased 1-qt. pudding mold or ovenproof bowl;
- cover tightly. Place on a rack in a deep kettle; add 3 in. of hot
- water to pan. Bring to a gentle boil; cover and steam for 1 hour or
- until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, adding water
- to pan as needed.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before unmolding onto a serving plate; serve
- warm with whipped cream. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (calculated without whipped cream) equals 392 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 147 mg cholesterol, 302 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.