Simple to put together, this comforting dessert has a pleasant maple flavor and aroma. My mouth is watering as I write.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 slices egg bread or brioche, cut into cubes
- Whipped cream
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, syrup and butter; stir in bread cubes.
- Transfer to a well-greased 1-qt. pudding mold or ovenproof bowl; cover tightly. Place on a rack in a deep kettle; add 3 in. of hot water to pan. Bring to a gentle boil; cover and steam for 1 hour or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, adding water to pan as needed.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before unmolding onto a serving plate; serve warm with whipped cream. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Maple Bread Pudding in Country October/November 2009, p51
Reviews for Maple Bread Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review