Maple Blueberry Crisp
With sweet blueberries and a tender crumb topping, this yummy crisp makes a wonderful treat following a brunch or evening meal. I sometimes top servings with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.—Mona Wright, Villa Rica, Georgia
9 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- In a large bowl, combine the blueberries, syrup, cornstarch and
- cinnamon. Transfer to a greased 8-in square baking dish. In a small
- bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until mixture
- resembles coarse crumbs; stir in extract. Sprinkle over top.
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until filling is bubbly and
- topping is golden brown. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 315 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 82 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.