- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- In a large bowl, combine the blueberries, syrup, cornstarch and cinnamon. Transfer to a greased 8-in square baking dish. In a small bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; stir in extract. Sprinkle over top.
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Maple Blueberry Crisp in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p194
Reviews for Maple Blueberry Crisp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2013
On a whim decided to make this recipe since I had frozen blueberries to use and love maple anything! Followed recipe - it was a delicious family hit and will definitely make again. Thanks for sharing another yummy recipe!