- 3 pounds pork spareribs
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cut ribs into serving-size pieces. Place bone side down on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cover tightly with foil. Bake at 350° for 1 hour; drain.
- In a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Brush some of the sauce over ribs. Bake, uncovered, for 30-45 minutes or until tender, brushing occasionally with remaining sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Maple Barbecued Ribs in Taste of Home February/March 2001, p48
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Maple Barbecued Ribs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 30, 2010
Excellent recipe, I used baby back ribs.