February and March tempt us with the first taste of spring and the start of maple syrup season. What a great flavor for ribs!—Linda Russell, Exeter, Ontario
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 pounds pork spareribs
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cut ribs into serving-size pieces. Place bone side down on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cover tightly with foil. Bake at 350° for 1 hour; drain.
- In a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Brush some of the sauce over ribs. Bake, uncovered, for 30-45 minutes or until tender, brushing occasionally with remaining sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Maple Barbecued Ribs in Taste of Home February/March 2001, p48
Reviews forMaple Barbecued Ribs
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 30, 2010
"Excellent recipe, I used baby back ribs."