"This tender glazed chicken is so delicious, it will disappear very quickly," writes Ruth Lowen from Hythe, Alberta. The sweet maple sauce is used to baste the chicken while grilling, with additional served alongside for dipping.
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 3/4 cup maple pancake syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients; reserving 3/4 cup.
- Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side. Grill 6-8 minutes longer or a meat thermometer reads 170°, turning occasionally and basting with sauce. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Maple Barbecued Chicken in Quick Cooking March/April 2002, p8
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Maple Barbecued Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review