Maple Barbecue Sauce Recipe
"Unlike many barbecue sauces, this recipe doesn't use ketchup, which typically contains sugar," says Debbie Purdue of Westland, Michigan. "The savory sauce, made with sugar-free maple-flavored syrup, gives unbelievable flavor to pork, chicken and spareribs. You won't miss the sugar at all.
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup sugar-free maple-flavored syrup
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first 12 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until the onion is tender. Stir in the syrup; cook until heated through. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. Stir before using. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
One serving (1/4 cup) equals 23 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 185 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Maple Barbecue Sauce
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC