Maple Baked Salmon
This recipe is special because it comes from my mom, both my children like it and it's easy to prepare. I serve this recipe with rice and broccoli. The sauce tastes great on the rice.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons sliced almonds, toasted, optional
- Place salmon fillets in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a
- small bowl, combine the brown sugar, syrup, soy sauce, mustard and
- pepper. Pour over salmon.
- Cover and bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Uncover and bake 8-10
- minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with fork. Sprinkle with
- almonds if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet with 3 tablespoons sauce equals 349 calories, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 453 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.