- 6 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons sliced almonds, toasted, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place salmon fillets in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, syrup, soy sauce, mustard and pepper. Pour over salmon.
- Cover and bake 10 minutes. Uncover and bake 8-10 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with fork. Sprinkle with almonds if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Maple Baked Salmon
"Hubby and I are trying to eat more salmon, it has never really been a favorite of ours. Although, We are starting to develop a taste for it, this recipe took it to the next level. It was absolutely delicious ! We served it with rice and TOH Honey Garlic Green Beans, I recommend that as a side."
"Really yummy! I only had 2 fillets but still made the entire amount of sauce. With the extra, I poured it over some steamed brussels sprouts and a tiny bit over the salmon once it was done. I actually added a bit more maple syrup and brown sugar to the sauce because we wanted it a bit more sweet. Next time I will try pure maple syrup, I think that will make the dish even better."
"Perfect way to eat salmon, especially for someone who does not like fish!"
"Made exactly by the recipe and it was delicious! I baked it covered longer because my salmon wasn't quite thawed. Very yummy flavour and lots of sauce for your rice."
"My husband and I loved this recipe! It's definitely a new favorite. The only thing I might try is to broil it next time a little bit at the end to get that yummy crust on top."
"This was a very moist recipe. I went ahead and added some Worcestershire sauce, excluded the maple and brown sugar for honey and a sprinkle of soysauce.Baked it for 15-20 mins at 425F and made enough sauce to pour on the finished product; pretty good overall. My fam bam liked it, i thought it was delicious."