Maple Baked Apple Recipe
This easy, comforting dessert dresses up a tart apple with maple and nutmeg flavors. —Mary Kelley, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon raisins, dried cranberries or dried currants
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 medium tart apple
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Core apple and peel the top third. Place in a small microwave-safe dish. Fill apple with walnut mixture. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3-4 minutes or until apple is tender. Serve warm. Yield: 1 serving.
1 serving equals 151 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC