Maple Baked Apple
This easy, comforting dessert from our Test Kitchen dresses up a tart apple with maple and nutmeg flavors.
1 ServingsPrep/Total TIme: 10 min.
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1 teaspoon raisins, dried cranberries or dried currants
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 medium tart apple
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Core apple and
- peel the top third. Place in a small microwave-safe dish. Fill apple
- with walnut mixture. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3-4 minutes
- or until apple is tender. Serve warm.
- Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 151 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 1 g protein.