Maple Bacon Walnut Coffee Cake Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Set aside 1/2 cup for topping. Combine the baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg; stir into remaining flour mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk, syrup and applesauce until well blended. Gradually stir into flour mixture until combined.
- Spread into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with reserved topping, then bacon and walnuts. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 24 servings.
Reviews for Maple Bacon Walnut Coffee Cake
Sort By :
"This was a big hit at my house this Christmas. The men especially loved and commented on the bacon topping. I don't recall guys ever getting this excited about coffee cake."
"What a very disappointing recipe, why the bacon? It brought nothing to this cake. I was able to salvage it by pouring caramel sauce over it, but it still wasn't devoured like most of the baked goods."