Maple-Bacon Oven Pancake
"For years, my mother has served tasty baked pancake for dinner," says Kari Caven of Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. "But it's so quick and easy I like to make it for breakfast, too. Leftovers taste just as good the next day warmed up in the microwave."
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Additional syrup, optional
- In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and sugar. In a small bowl,
- combine the milk, eggs, syrup and 1/2 cup cheese. Stir into dry
- ingredients just until moistened. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in.
- baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with bacon and
- remaining cheese. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with syrup if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 190 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 392 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 8 g protein.