Maple Bacon Muffins
"Maple and baconmy two favorite breakfast flavorsare combined in these grab-and-go muffins," writes Trisha Kruse of Boise, Idaho. "They're quick to fix, especially if you use your microwave to cook the bacon."
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. In
- another bowl, combine the egg, milk, oil and syrup. Stir into dry
- ingredients just until moistened. Fold in bacon.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at
- 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan
- to a wire tack. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 239 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 229 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.