Maple Bacon Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the egg, milk, oil and syrup. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in bacon.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire tack. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Maple Bacon Muffins(2)
Sort By :
I followed the recipe to the letter and what baked up was absolutely inedible. I just can't figure out what went wrong. I had to toss the whole batch and couldn't stomach finishing even one. :( Sounded like it had a lot of promise.
My husband liked this muffins. However, he said it needed something else to make them really good. They were sweeter than I thought they were doing to be. Also, they were rather dry.