This is my go-to Sunday breakfast. It's easy to put together and put in the fridge Saturday night then bake the next morning. It gives me more time for enjoying family on Sundays. —Erin Wright, Wallace, Kansas
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash salt
- 16 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Additional maple syrup
- In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs, cream, milk, syrup, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Dip both sides of bread in egg mixture. Arrange bread slices into two shingled rows in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Pour remaining egg mixture over top. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove French toast from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, covered, 25 minutes. Sprinkle with bacon. Bake, uncovered, 5-10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in French toast comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with additional syrup. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Maple-Bacon French Toast in Simple & Delicious October/November 2014
Reviews for Maple Bacon French Toast Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review