- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash salt
- 16 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Additional maple syrup
- In a shallow bowl, whisk first seven ingredients. Dip both sides of bread in egg mixture. Arrange bread slices into two shingled rows in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Pour remaining egg mixture over top. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove French toast from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, covered, 30 minutes. Sprinkle with bacon. Bake, uncovered, until lightly browned, 10-15 minutes longer. Serve with additional syrup. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Maple Bacon French Toast Casserole
"The taste was good, but I didn't care for the consistency. The bread was mushy and custard-like, and that was after baking it about ten minutes longer than suggested. Also, the bacon seemed a little out of place by just sprinkling it on top. This ended up being mushy bread with bacon sprinkled on it."