- 6 eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash salt
- 16 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Additional maple syrup
- In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs, cream, milk, syrup, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Dip both sides of bread in egg mixture. Arrange bread slices into two shingled rows in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Pour remaining egg mixture over top. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove French toast from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, covered, 25 minutes. Sprinkle with bacon. Bake, uncovered, 5-10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with additional syrup. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Maple-Bacon French Toast in Simple & Delicious October/November 2014
Reviews for Maple-Bacon French Toast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review