Maple-Bacon Doughnut Bites Recipe
While these delicious bite-size treats are ready in minutes, they’ll disappear in a flash. And don’t relegate the deep-fried goodness to the breakfast nook—I’ve never had anyone turn these down no matter the time of day. —Chelsea Turner, Lake Elsinore, CA
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 7 maple-flavored bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk egg, milk and melted butter until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- 2. Heat oil to 350° in an electric skillet or deep fryer. Drop tablespoonfuls of batter, a few at a time, into hot oil. Fry 3-4 minutes or until golden brown, turning often. Drain on paper towels.
- 3. In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar, maple syrup, milk and vanilla until smooth. Dip warm doughnuts into glaze; sprinkle tops with bacon. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 doughnut equals 101 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 115 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Maple-Bacon Doughnut Bites
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC