Maple-Bacon Doughnut Bites Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 7 maple-flavored bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk egg, milk and melted butter until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Heat oil to 350° in an electric skillet or deep fryer. Drop tablespoonfuls of batter, a few at a time, into hot oil. Fry 3-4 minutes or until golden brown, turning often. Drain on paper towels.
- In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar, maple syrup, milk and vanilla until smooth. Dip warm doughnuts into glaze; sprinkle tops with bacon. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Maple-Bacon Doughnut Bites
Sort By :
"I made these for a secret Santa gift and they were gone in minutes! So quick, super easy (except for getting the batter to stay in ball shapes) and WAY DELICIOUS! Highly recommended! Bonus/Side Note - My house smelled like maple syrup, pancakes and bacon for about two days - it was magical! :0)"