Maple Baby Carrots
“I first tasted this three-ingredient side dish at my aunt’s house,” relates Karen Wren from Freedom, Maine. “I thought they were the sweetest, most tender carrots I’d ever had. I make them all the time now.”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Place carrots and a small amount of water in a 1-1/2-qt.
- microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 4-6 minutes or
- until crisp-tender; drain. Add butter; microwave for 30 seconds or
- until melted. Drizzle with syrup; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 166 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 205 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.