Maple Apple Topping Recipe
I discovered this sweet topping when I had an abundance of apples to use up. It's a great alternative to bottled syrup. My family enjoys the tender apples and crunchy nuts over waffles, but the topping is also wonderful over sliced of pound cake or scoops of vanilla ice cream.
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3 large tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1-1/2 cups maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- In a large skillet, melt butter. add the apples, syrup and cinnamon. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until apples are tender. Stir in nuts. Serve over waffles or pancakes. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Maple Apple Topping in Quick Cooking March/April 2002, p29
Reviews for Maple Apple Topping(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 23, 2010
I used this with the Oatmeal Waffles recipe. Delicious!
Reviewed Jan. 17, 2010
Sinfully delicious! But mine came out too runny and instantly made our French toast soggy. Next time I'll try sauteing the apples first in attempt to get some of the water out.
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Desserts >
- Easy Recipes >
- Fruit Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Simple Breakfast Recipes >