Maple-Apple Sweet Potato Bake
Vicki Schurk from Hamden, Connecticut shares this slightly sweet side dish that's perfect for fall. Apples and sweet potatoes are topped with brown sugar, oats, maple syrup and a sprinkling of spices for flavorful results.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 6 medium tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup quick-oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish, combine the apples and
- sweet potatoes. Combine the remaining ingredients; sprinkle over
- apple mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover;
- bake 15-20 minutes longer or until apples and potatoes are tender.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 245 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 39 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.