Maple-Apple Sweet Potato Bake Recipe
- 6 medium tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup quick-oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish, combine the apples and sweet potatoes. Combine the remaining ingredients; sprinkle over apple mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until apples and potatoes are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 245 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 39 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Maple-Apple Sweet Potato Bake
"This is a nice sweet side dish, without being too sweet. The only thing I might do differently next time is to not melt the butter. It was too gloppy to sprinkle over the apple mixture. I'll make the topping with room temperature butter and use a pastry cutter to combine. The flavor is great any way you do it."