Vicki Schurk from Hamden, Connecticut shares this slightly sweet side dish that's perfect for fall. Apples and sweet potatoes are topped with brown sugar, oats, maple syrup and a sprinkling of spices for flavorful results.
- 6 medium tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup quick-oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish, combine the apples and sweet potatoes. Combine the remaining ingredients; sprinkle over apple mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until apples and potatoes are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Apple Bake in Quick Cooking September/October 2003, p44
Reviews for Maple-Apple Sweet Potato Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review