- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 large apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/4-inch rings
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, egg, syrup and buttermilk. Dip apple rings on both sides into batter.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 2 in. of oil to 375°. Fry apple rings, a few at a time, for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Maple Apple Rings in Country October/November 2001, p51
Reviews for Maple Apple Rings(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review