Maple Apple Rings
I live in maple syrup country and got this recipe from a sugarhouse. These are wonderful served with baked beans.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 large apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/4-inch rings
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, egg, syrup and buttermilk. Dip
- apple rings on both sides into batter.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 2 in. of oil to
- 375°. Fry apple rings, a few at a time, for 2 minutes or until
- golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
- Yield: 4 servings.