- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium tart apple, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Coat pork slices with bread crumbs. In a large skillet, cook pork in oil over medium-high heat for 2 minutes on each side. Add the apples and juice; cover and cook for 10 minutes or until apples are tender. Combine the syrup, mustard, salt and pepper; pour over pork mixture. Cook, uncovered, for 2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Maple-Apple Pork Slices
Sort By :
"Not knowing how much juice, I used 1 cup of apple juice and dijon mustard instead of regular mustard and also probably used a little more syrup as I rarely measure and it was excelent. The pork strips could be used with seseme seeds or finely chopped nuts instead of the bread crumbs as well. This would also be very good served in a nest of rice. My husband and I have a restaurant in Portugal and invent alot to discover new tastes. This recipe is fast and easy"
"This was really good. It called for 1/2 cup of apple juice in the magazine. I'll be making this again!"
"My husband and I really enjoyed this dish! I was a little confused when the directions mentioned juice, as there is no juice mentioned in the list of ingredients, so I added some apple juice. It turned out great!"