- heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg yolks; return all
- to pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2
- minutes longer. Remove from the heat; add vanilla. Cool to room
- temperature without stirring. Pour over apples. Chill until set,
- about 2 hours.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Gradually add
- sugar and cinnamon; beat until stiff peaks form. Serve with pie.
- Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 421 calories, 19 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 187 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.