Maple Apple Cream Pie Recipe
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 medium Golden Delicious apples (about 2 pounds), peeled and cut into eighths
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a skillet, melt butter. Add apples and brown sugar; cook and stir until apples are tender and coated, 15-20 minutes. Cool to room temperature. Spread evenly into shell.
- In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and syrup until smooth; gradually add milk. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg yolks; return all to pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat; add vanilla. Cool to room temperature without stirring. Pour over apples. Chill until set, about 2 hours.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Gradually add sugar and cinnamon; beat until stiff peaks form. Serve with pie. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Maple Apple Cream Pie
Sort By :
I have made this pie several times over the years and it never fails to receive rave reviews!
This is a wonderful recipe. It is one of my choices when I want to end a meal in style!
This pie is delicious!