Maple Apple Bread Recipe
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, egg and flavoring; mix well. Add apple and nuts stir; stir to coat. Unroll dough and separate into eight rectangles; seal the seams and perforations. Spread each rectangle; seal the seams and perforations. Spread each rectangle with apple mixture. Roll up, starting with a short side. Place lengthwise in a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan, making two layers of four rolls. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes longer or until golden brown, uncovering the last 5 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over bread. Yield: 1 loaf.
1 slice: 108 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 117mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (8g sugars, trace fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Maple Apple Bread
"A family favorite! Delicious and easy!"
"This is an excellent recipe! The technique is great for a beautiful bread. This would work with any type of dough, and you can even experiment with different fillings. I made this with home made white bread dough, and the family LOVED it!"
"This is a really great bread and goes wonderfully with a cup of coffee in the morning. I was looking for a recipe that I could use up some crescent rolls that were quickly approaching their expiration date - and what a wonderful use for these rolls. I will definitely be using this recipe A LOT!"
"This bread is fabulous, always a hit. I have been making this since 2000."
"Yummy!!!!.. my kids loved it..ThanksMc"