Maple Apple Bread Recipe
This decorative bread gives crescent rolls a creative new twist.—June Smith, Byron Center, Michigan
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, egg and flavoring; mix well. Add apple and nuts stir; stir to coat. Unroll dough and separate into eight rectangles; seal the seams and perforations. Spread each rectangle; seal the seams and perforations. Spread each rectangle with apple mixture. Roll up, starting with a short side. Place lengthwise in a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan, making two layers of four rolls. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes longer or until golden brown, uncovering the last 5 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over bread. Yield: 1 loaf.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 108 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 117 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC