- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, egg and flavoring; mix well. Add apple and nuts stir; stir to coat. Unroll dough and separate into eight rectangles; seal the seams and perforations. Spread each rectangle; seal the seams and perforations. Spread each rectangle with apple mixture. Roll up, starting with a short side. Place lengthwise in a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan, making two layers of four rolls. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes longer or until golden brown, uncovering the last 5 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over bread. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews for Maple Apple Bread(4)
Sort By :
This is an excellent recipe! The technique is great for a beautiful bread. This would work with any type of dough, and you can even experiment with different fillings. I made this with home made white bread dough, and the family LOVED it!
This is a really great bread and goes wonderfully with a cup of coffee in the morning. I was looking for a recipe that I could use up some crescent rolls that were quickly approaching their expiration date - and what a wonderful use for these rolls. I will definitely be using this recipe A LOT!
This bread is fabulous, always a hit. I have been making this since 2000.
Yummy!!!!.. my kids loved it..Thanks