Maple-Almond Butternut Squash Recipe
A heartwarming side dish, especially on chilly days, Maple-Almond Butternut Squash is a cinch to prepare, making it a good choice for any weeknight. It’s impressive enough for company, too.
- 1 medium butternut squash (about 4 pounds), peeled, seeded and cut into 2-inch cubes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Place squash in a 4-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with garlic, salt and pepper. Add butter and maple syrup; stir to coat. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until squash is tender.
- 2. Stir in cream. Cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until heated through. Sprinkle with almonds and cheese. Yield: 9 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC