- 1 medium butternut squash (about 4 pounds), peeled, seeded and cut into 2-inch cubes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place squash in a 4-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with garlic, salt and pepper. Add butter and maple syrup; stir to coat. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until squash is tender.
- Stir in cream. Cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until heated through. Sprinkle with almonds and cheese. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Maple-Almond Butternut Squash
Sort By :
"Five stars isn't really good enough for this recipe! It is absolutely fabulous. I made it for a group of about 16 men, and everyone was impressed. They all wanted copies of the recipe to take home to their wives. A frequent comment was "I don't like squash, but that is fabulous." I did add some fresh parmesan and sliced almonds to the squash just before I added the cream and a little more on top before serving. This might be too much cheese for some, but I love cheese. I think the recipe would be fine just as written too. Thank you for sharing a great recipe."