- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium butternut squash (about 4 pounds), peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a 4-qt. slow cooker, mix first five ingredients; stir in squash. Cook, covered, until squash is tender, 5-6 hours.
- Stir in cream; cook, covered, on low until heated through, 15-30 minutes. Top with almonds and cheese. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Maple-Almond Butternut Squash
"Five stars isn't really good enough for this recipe! It is absolutely fabulous. I made it for a group of about 16 men, and everyone was impressed. They all wanted copies of the recipe to take home to their wives. A frequent comment was "I don't like squash, but that is fabulous." I did add some fresh parmesan and sliced almonds to the squash just before I added the cream and a little more on top before serving. This might be too much cheese for some, but I love cheese. I think the recipe would be fine just as written too. Thank you for sharing a great recipe."