Maple Almond Beef Recipe
This recipe mixes the country goodness of beef and pure maple syrup with Asian flavors. The result is delicious! This dish not only tastes wonderful, but looks pretty sitting atop a bed of fluffy white rice.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds beef top round steak or top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3/4 cup frozen tiny peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In large skillet or wok, heat oil on medium-high. Saute garlic 1 minute. Add meat; cook until browned. Stir in onion and red pepper. Cover and steam until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine the cornstarch, maple syrup, vinegar and soy sauce until smooth; stir mixture into beef. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add peas and almonds; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 295 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 280mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Maple Almond Beef
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC