Maple Almond Beef Recipe
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds beef top round steak or top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3/4 cup frozen tiny peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In large skillet or wok, heat oil on medium-high. Saute garlic 1 minute. Add meat; cook until browned. Stir in onion and red pepper. Cover and steam until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine the cornstarch, maple syrup, vinegar and soy sauce until smooth; stir mixture into beef. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add peas and almonds; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 295 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 280mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein
Reviews for Maple Almond Beef
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.