Maple & Blue Cheese Steak Recipe
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 pound beef top sirloin steak
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, 5 tablespoons maple syrup, mustard and thyme. Pour 2/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 3 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute pecans in oil until toasted. Stir in remaining maple syrup. Bring to a boil; cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from skillet and spread onto waxed paper to cool completely.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. Grill, over medium heat, for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- 4. Place reserved marinade in small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/4 cup, about 2 minutes. Divide steak slices between two plates. Drizzle with sauce; sprinkle with blue cheese and pecans. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 475 calories, 23g fat (8g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 689mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Maple & Blue Cheese Steak
"Delicious!!! Will be making this again on Father's Dad, it is my husband's request for his special meal! Love the pecans and cheese, it just makes the dish so special!"
"Just served for Father's Day, minus the pecans, and it was a hit"
"Very tasty. Such a nice change from regular steak. Definitely will make again!"
"An absolute delicious dish! I recommend it to anyone who wants to liven up a boring cooking routine."
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.