Maple & Bacon Glazed Brussels Sprouts
Here’s a fantastic side dish for special meals even children will love. The sweet maple syrup and smoky bacon complement the brussels sprouts perfectly.Jan Valdez, Chicago, Illinois
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 5 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 pound fresh brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove
- to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain.
- Meanwhile, cut an “X” in the core of each brussels sprout. In a large
- skillet, saute brussels sprouts in butter for 4-5 minutes or until
- lightly browned.
- Stir in the broth, pecans, maple syrup, salt and pepper. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Uncover; cook and
- stir 8-10 minutes longer or until brussels sprouts are tender.
- Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 273 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 544 mg sodium,