Maple & Bacon Glazed Brussels Sprouts Recipe
- 5 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain.
- Meanwhile, cut an “X” in the core of each brussels sprout. In a large skillet, saute Brussels sprouts in butter for 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Stir in the broth, pecans, maple syrup, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Uncover; cook and stir 8-10 minutes longer or until Brussels sprouts are tender. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Maple & Bacon Glazed Brussels Sprouts(5)
Sort By :
Even our son in law who does not like brussels sprouts liked this dish.
I made these on Thanksgiving, so they were slightly over cooked trying to keep them warm. Bad timing on my part. But they were a huge hit!
I prepared the sprouts the day before and stored them in a plastic bag covered in water with two caps of lemon juice.
My only other comment: my liquid was very liquidy. I was expecting more of a glaze or a "gravy".
The best recipe for Brussels sprouts I have ever tasted, and everybody loves them!
Flavors really work well together.
More Recipe Collections
- Brussels Sprouts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Side Dishes >