- 1 pound Johnsonville® Hot Italian Sausage Links
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 jar (26 ounces) marinara sauce
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 18 uncooked manicotti shells
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside. In the same skillet, bring tomatoes and marinara sauce to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, ricotta, Parmesan cheese, chilies, parsley, Italian seasoning, salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- Divide 2 cups of sauce between two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Stuff uncooked manicotti shells with cheese mixture. Place in prepared pans. Sprinkle with sausage; top with remaining sauce.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 50 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and manicotti is tender. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Manicotti with Spicy Sausage
Sort By :
"I made this for a friend who had twins and her husband raved! We love to make this and put the extra pan in the freezer for a quick mean on a busy night."
"We were expecting a little more kick. I think next time I might use more spicy sausage than just 1lb. Not having to cook the noodles did make it much easier."
"I love the flavor of this recipe and how easy it is to make. Not having to boil the noodles saves not only time and effort but dishes!"