Manicotti for Two Recipe
- 4 uncooked manicotti shells
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1-1/2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook manicotti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce.
- 2. Drain manicotti and rinse with cold water. In a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and pepper. Carefully stuff manicotti. Place in a greased small baking dish. Top with sausage mixture.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 690 calories, 37 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 125 mg cholesterol, 1,807 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 43 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.