Manicotti for Two Recipe
- 4 uncooked manicotti shells
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1-1/2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook manicotti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce.
- 2. Drain manicotti and rinse with cold water. In a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and pepper. Carefully stuff manicotti. Place in a greased small baking dish. Top with sausage mixture.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
2 each: 690 calories, 37g fat (19g saturated fat), 125mg cholesterol, 1807mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 4g fiber), 43g protein
Reviews for Manicotti for Two
"5/4/12 Very tasty italian dish. I didn't have ricotta cheese so I substituted with fat free cottage cheese. Also, I didn't have italian sausage so I used leftover meatballs. Even with those changes it turned out really good. 11/23/2013Update: I made this tonight and instead of placing the sausage on the top, I cut down on some of the cheese and mixed the sausage in with the cheese and spices mixture. I piped the manicotti using my Wilton plastic pipping bag and large end tip. My husband also really liked this variation, this time I did use fat free ricotta. ."
"I made this for a party and everyone raved!!!!"
"Can't thank you enough so I may enjoy Manicotti again just for me!!!!!!!!! I'll freeze the other two for another time."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.