A friend served this for supper when I visited, and she placed individual servings on a bed of lettuce, then sprinkled them with cheese...it was both pretty and delicious.Judy Wulf, Hancock, Minnesota
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 8 ounces manicotti (14 tubes) manicotti, cooked and drained
- 4 cups spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded process cheese (Velveeta)
- In a skillet, cook ground beef, onion, green pepper, salt and pepper until vegetables are tender; drain. Stir in parsley, mushrooms, egg, milk and bread crumbs; mix well.
- Stuff filling into manicotti shells. Pour two cups of spaghetti sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place shells on sauce; top with remaining sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese. Return to oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Manicotti in Country Ground Beef 1993, p50
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Manicotti(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Italian Casseroles >