This is a substantial drink. A Manhattan can be served straight up in a chilled cocktail glass or over ice in a rocks glassTaste of Home Test Kitchen
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- Ice cubes
- 2 ounces whiskey
- 1/2 ounce sweet vermouth
- 2 to 3 dashes bitters, optional
- Maraschino cherry
- Fill a shaker three-fourths full with ice. Add the whiskey, vermouth
- and bitters if desired; cover and shake until condensation forms on
- outside of shaker. Strain into an ice-filled glass. Garnish with a
- cherry. Yield: 1 serving.
Editor's Note: You may substitute bourbon for the whiskey if desired. You may also strain the Manhattan into a chilled cocktail glass and serve without additional ice.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 151 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein.