- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons minced green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 cup cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) minced clams, undrained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, cook the onion, celery, green pepper and garlic in butter over low heat for 20 minutes, stirring frequently. Add water and potatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add the tomatoes, clams, salt, thyme, pepper and cayenne; heat through. Stir in parsley. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews for Manhattan Clam Chowder
Sort By :
will make it again everyone loved it Thank you
Manhattan clam chowder is rare find in stores or restaurants in my hometown and vicinity when I do find it I love it. But this recipe is better than any where I have found dinning out. Try it if your a fan of this style of chowder.
This recipe was very good. I put it in the crock pot and let it simmer all day. It was a little watery. I think next time if I use the crock pot, I will use half the amount of water.