Manhattan Clam Chowder Recipe
I typically serve this chowder with a tossed salad and hot rolls. It's easy to make and tastes wonderful on a cold winter evening. My family's enjoyed it for over 30 years. —Joan Hopewell, Columbus, New Jersey
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons minced green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 cup cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) minced clams, undrained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a 3-qt. saucepan, cook the onion, celery, green pepper and garlic in butter over low heat for 20 minutes, stirring frequently. Add water and potatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 2. Add the tomatoes, clams, salt, thyme, pepper and cayenne; heat through. Stir in parsley. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings (about 2 quarts).
1 cup equals 91 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 652 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Manhattan Clam Chowder
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC