Mango, ginger and curry combine with a splash of lime juice to coat this juicy, grilled shrimp. Stuffed in pitas, the shrimp combo makes for an easy-to-hold, fabulous entree! You could also serve on a bed of rice for a less casual presentation. —Beverly O'Ferrall, Linkwood, Maryland
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 pita breads (6 inches), halved
- 8 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, combine the chutney, lime juice, ginger and curry. Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 15 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread shrimp onto four metal or soaked wooden skewers. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill shrimp, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning frequently.
- Fill pita halves with lettuce, tomato and shrimp; spoon reserved chutney mixture over filling. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mango Shrimp Pitas in Simple & Delicious July/August 2009, p37
Reviews for Mango Shrimp Pitas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 3, 2012
"I substituted apricot preserves for the mango chutney."
Reviewed Sep. 28, 2011
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2011
"Any recipe or substitution for Mango Chutney? I live in a small community."
Reviewed Feb. 24, 2010
"So easy to make and delicious!!!"